Wednesday, June 30, 2010

6-30-2010


This morning I had the pleasure of guiding Bob and Travis Cloyd on a pig hunt. We met in Maxwell at 4AM and headed up to the ranch. Once all of the paperwork was complete we headed up to a high vantage point over looking the wheat field and awaited legal shooting light. 2 minutes into the hunt I spotted a loan boar working his way up the creek to his bedding area. I thought I knew where he was headed so Travis and I took off to try and cut him off before he got into the brush. The boar worked his way on to the backside of a little knob and we got set up and ready to shoot. The boar fed right to us and at 80 yards Travis put the hammer down. The boar kicked and ran out of sight. As we crested the hill he was piled up in a ravine not 30 yards from the first shot. This was Travis's first big game kill and I am pleased that I was able to be their with him. This is what makes my job so much fun. These guys were alot of fun to hunt with and I hope this was only the first of many hunts to come with them.

Andy

No comments: