Thursday, August 19, 2010

8-13-2010

Today I guided Jack Hodges on a pig hunt. As soon as it got light enough to see we spotted some pigs down in the wheat and headed their direction. Before we could get to them they left the wheat field and headed into the hills. I thought I knew where they would go so we headed into the hills to try and get in front of them. We got into a ravine and began watching a couple of trails that I thought they would be coming down. Sure enough they crested the ridge and began coming towards us when all at once they must have smelled us and off they went. We jumped on the ranger and went to the head of the next canyon hoping to catch them crossing it. Again they came down towards us and this time they made a fatal mistake, stopping in front of dead eye Jack. With one well placed shot Jack was standing over a 80-100 pound sow, that will be great for the BBQ. We had a great time on this hunt, however, I forgot my camera so we were not able to get any photo's. Sorry Guys!

Andy

No comments: