Sunday, September 26, 2010

9-23-2010


We began work on a Wetland Project on 9-14-2010, off of Harbison Road. For all of you who are familiar with our property it was the milo field in the past. We have taken the 40 acres out of production and are turning it back into a natural marsh land. The 40 acres has been laser leveled, swales cut and I am in the process of installing the drain pipes and transplanting tules. As soon as I get the tules transplanted I will flood the wetland and get some photo's posted. My plan is to transplant the tules this fall and then plant 1500 willow trees this spring. I will also be planting water grass and smart weed within the project so that the birds will have feed next fall. This project will take 3-4 years to make my vision come to life, however, when the trees are all grown up this should be a nice little mallard hole for our client's to enjoy. I will keep you updated on this project as we move forward.

Casey

No comments: