Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2-1-11

Now that duck season is over we can begin the grueling task of picking up all of the decoys and getting everything put away until next year. Looking back on the season it is very apparent that it was a tough year for most of us. The ducks came and went and never seemed to be consistent in any of the areas for too long. Don't get me wrong we had alot of great hunts but we had alot of mediocre hunts as well. The birds had me wanting to pull my hair out all season long. We would shoot great for 4 or 5 days and then have slow shooting for a couple of days. It did not seem to matter what the weather was like as I had most of my really good hunts on clear calm days and most of my poor hunts on rainy, windy days. It seemed like you should just take everything that you had ever knew about duck hunting and throw it out the window and just hope for the best! I can tell you one thing for sure, as a rule we would sit in the blind every day until 11:30-12:00 and most days we killed the bulk of our birds between 9:00-12:00. We had some great shooting while most of the other guys had already given up for the day. It just goes to show that patience is always a virtue. The season had it's ups and downs but thanks to all of our great client's we had a successful season as far as I am concerned.  I would like to thank all of you who rented seasonal blinds from us as well as all of the guided day hunt shooters. Thanks guys!!!!!!

Casey

No comments: