Friday, August 23, 2013

8-23-13



Today Rick Sr. and I headed out on a recon mission for salmon. I have been so busy working on the wetlands that I haven't had a chance to fish and was chomping at the bit! We launched out of Hamilton City and headed South. At the first stop my lure wasn't in the water for more than a few minutes and it was fish on!! I handed the rod off to Rick and he battled in a beautiful 28 pound silver bullet.We continued working our way down river and could see plenty of fish rolling but they were on the move and didn't want to bite. I knew eventually we would get in front of some more that wanted to play. Before long Rick had another fish on, but it came unhooked. A little while later it was my turn and again the fish came off. We fished another hour or so and Rick managed to box a 15 pounder. We figured we had better get back to work so we headed in with 2 in the box and 2 lost as well as a few more bites. The action should pick up soon!!!

Casey  

No comments: