Wednesday, January 22, 2014

1-22-14




The duck hunting had been pretty slow for the past few days and I had been watching a bunch of snow geese hit one of our dry fields, so I figured we might as well attack. A fter a quick call to my buddy Ryan "snow goose" Hoskin the decoy trailer was in route and a game plan set! Ryan, Derek, and Justin met at the field at 3:30 AM and got to work on getting the spread out while I rolled in at a casual 6:00 AM with my 4 clients and Ryan's 3. I trucked the clients into the field and we got them in the Tyveck suits and ready for shoot time. As shoot time arrived the first couple flocks wouldn't come close enough but soon after the birds started listening and we started putting the hammer down! In just 2 hours we had 85 birds down and should have had our full limits of 110, but there was alot of missing going on! We had a mix of 83 snows and rosses + 2 blue geese! It was alot of fun and the guys were all smiles. Judging by the pile of empties we picked up I think everyone was about out of shells by the time we called it quits!    

No comments: