Thursday, January 6, 2011

1-6-11

Today I hunted with my good friend Sergio Sanchez, in a blind South of Colusa. I knew it was going to be a good day from the time that I first looked outside of my house. It was pea soup fog and in our area it is usually a recipe for disaster, if you are a duck that is! The fog was so thick that we simply could not see the birds for the first hour or so. As soon as the fog lifted just a bit it was game on. There were a ton of birds flying and alot of them were responding to the call. We some how managed a mixed bag limit of birds for the both of us, even with a fine example of terrible shooting. We also took down 4 snows and a bonus blue goose. This was my first blue goose and it is sitting at the taxidermist as I write this. I had a great time and I cant help but love the foggy days.

Ultra

   

No comments: