Thursday, November 17, 2011

11-17-11


Today I guided Michael and Matt for pigs. We headed up to the ranch and started our pursuit but all we were seeing was old sign so we made a loop back towards the truck to go and try a new area. As we were headed down the hill I looked over and spotted a group of pigs feeding on the ridge just above the truck, go figure! We quickly put a plan together and the stalk was on. As we crested the last ridge I spotted the pigs feeding a mere 75 yards away. I got the guys together and they picked out their pigs. Just as I was getting ready to do the count down I felt the wind hit my back and the pigs started to move so Michael took his shot and his aim was true, dropping the 120 pound sow in her tracks. The rest of the pigs started to move off and crested the ridge before Matt could shoot. It was getting late and Michael wanted to get his pig to the butcher so we got it skinned and they hit the road. It was a good hunt and would of been even better had that damn wind not swirled. But that is hunting, and mother nature. You just never know what is going to happen!

Casey  

No comments: