Monday, November 28, 2011

11-28-11

I had to go out and move a bunch of decoys so I called my buddy Derek and suckerd him into a quick morning hunt and then helping me with the decoys. As we got to the club it was clear and still, perfect duck weather? As we got to the blind and shooting hours came there were birds all around us and they were responding to the call well. By 8:30 we had 14 ducks and 2 specks and were ready to begin the chore of moving decoys in the stomped field. Today was the attack of the gadwall and we ended up with our 4 sprig, 8 gaddys, and 2 widgeon. As we were moving the decoys the sprig just kept on pouring in. It looked to me like the last few days of fog have moved some birds into our area. The ducks are not skinny so they must have just come from other parts of the valley ahead of the fog. Hopefully the good hunting will continue from here on out.

Casey

No comments: