Thursday, November 29, 2012

11-29-12

This morning we did not have any clients but I had to go any how, so I called up my buddy Rock and we headed to the blind. When we got to the field the conditions were great, but the flight sucked! We had overcast skies and a 12 mph South wind, which is some of my favorite weather to hunt in, but this morning looked to be slim pickings. As it got light a few birds were milling around and the first to meet their maker where a pair of mallards. After the first pair it was pretty slow but a few birds were coming into the rice and we capitalized on our opportunities. We hunted until 10:30 and then called it quits a few shy of our limits. We ended the hunt with 4 specks, 2 snows, 4 mallards, 4 widgeon and 2 sprig. Of what we shot at this morning we only let 4 get away! It was a great hunt with a good friend and I hope we can hunt together again before the season is over, we had a blast. We got so busy laughing and having a good time that I forgot to take a final kill photo but have attached one that I took prior to getting the last few birds. They say a big storm tomorrow morning, so I will be out there again trying to get it done. Good luck to everyone hunting in the morning!!!

Casey

No comments: