Friday, May 10, 2013

5-10-13

This morning I guided Dave, DJ, Allen, and Denise for stripers. We launched out of Ward's Landing at 5:00 AM, and headed straight back to where I had left off last night. On the first pass I missed one and then DJ hooked up but lost the fish right at the boat. On the second pass I hooked a nice one and Allen got the task of reeling it in. He soon had a 15 pound hen to the boat and she was released to fight another day. On the next pass it was Denise's turn and she put a 6 pound male in the box. We continued to work the wall getting bit every pass but we only managed to boat a few more fish before the waves from all of the boats going by killed the bite. We headed up stream and wormed a few more places before switching over to minnows. As we floated past the Steelhead Lodge, DJ hooked another fish but it came off as well. As we rounded the corner I started seeing fish on the screen and before long we had a double, both nice males. We idled back up and again, another double. We worked this stretch back and fourth for several passes and landed a few more fish before moving on. We fished our way back towards Ward's and called it a day. We ended up boating and releasing 6 females today as well as 6 nice males for the box. It was a great day on the water with some really good folks. I dont know what I did but I somehow managed to erase the photo from today, sorry guys!

Casey  

No comments: