Monday, August 3, 2015

Fires!

I've had a few calls from concerned clients so I thought I'd give everyone and up date on the fires! I went up to the ranch today and climbed the mountain to see how close it was to us. As of right now it looks like we will escape the wrath of another fire but I can't be positive just yet. I went up to where I could see highway 16 and it looks like the fire crews lit back fires at highway16 and burned them back to the east, putting our ranch out of harms way!! Unless the fire somehow crosses highway 16 we should be ok this time. There was an incredible amount of ash laying all over the ground at the top of the ranch and are very lucky that a spot fire didn't start. Looking to the west all you can see is black scorched earth! Hopefully the animals made it out ahead of the fire and have found safety somewhere.


  

No comments: