Friday, November 22, 2013

11-22-13

I awoke to the howling North wind again and was excited to get into the blind! I met up with Phil and Kate and we headed to the rice blind near Delevan. With the amount of birds that I had seen go into the refuge yesterday I was sure that I had made the right choice but as shooting time grew near I was disappointed in the lack of birds that I was hearing. As legal shooting time cam so did a few birds and they went to work on them. It didn't take long to see that it was going to be another day of watching the sprig show so we tried to make the best of any other kind of duck that came near. We had 7 ducks by 9:30 and then the action slowed and then just died! We did however manage to get a few geese after that but the few ducks that were still flying wanted nothing to do with us. We called it quits at noon with a mixed strap of ducks and 3 geese. It wasn't exactly what I had in mind for today but as long as we are getting some shooting I won't complain! This is typical November hunting, you just never know what will happen day to day. 

Derek  

No comments: