Sunday, April 14, 2013

4-14-13

This morning I did not have any client's so my buddy Raith and I headed out to do a little recon work. I was so baffled by the amount of boats on the water between Teesdale and Ward's that I had to head south and see if I could find fish that were not being beat to death by the boats. We arrived at the Teesdale boat ramp at 5:30 and the parking lot was already half full. We got the boat in the water and I put the hammer down, headed South. We went a few miles until we got away from the boats and started working the banks with the rubber worm. The first wall that we worked was holding fish and we boated 10 the first pass. We continued to keep working down river and at each stop we found more of the same, plenty of fish and no boats. By 7:00 we had landed over 30 fish, keeping 4 for the box up to 12 pounds! It was a nice morning on the water and we had the boat on the trailer and headed home by 7:30. Hopefully all of the boats will stay up above and I can continue to sneak down stream and get into the fish.

Casey  

No comments: