Friday, April 26, 2013

4-26-13


Today I guided Andy and Al for stripers. We launched at Teesdale and started fishing below the ramp with the worm. On my fourth or fifth cast I had a bite and it was fish on! The guys informed me that they did not want my charity fish, so I battled the beast and before long had a 20 pound hen to the boat. After a quick photo session she was released to go make her babies. That was a good start to the morning and as we continued to work the rock walls we picked up a couple more nice males for the box. The boats were starting to show up so we headed up stream to see what was around Lupes Bend. We switched over to minnows and started working our way back down stream. We didn't get far when Andy hooked a fish, but it came off right at the boat. We continued working our way down and as we neared a likely spot we got a double, both of which were nice keeper sized fish. We continued working our way down stream and picked up a fish here and there. All of the fish that we caught today were good clean fish in the 4-10 pound range. We called it quits at 11:00 with a box full of nice schoolie sized stripers for the table.

Casey 

No comments: