Monday, April 25, 2011

4-25-11 (AM)

Today I guided Cal Kellogg and Sheldon Bright from the Fish Sniffer Magazine. We hit the water at 5:45 AM and right off the bat we had red hot action. As soon as we got anchored up I casted out 2 rods with minnows on them and started to walk a third minnow rod back when I got the first hit. I hooked the fish and before I could hand the rod off another 1 went down and we had a double. As soon as we landed both of those fish we looked over and had another on the third rod. The action was almost non stop for the first 2 hours and we managed to land 25 stripers of which most of them were keeper sized. The bulk of the fish were in the 22"-25" range and a few were shakers. We let the bulk of the fish go and ended up keeping limits of schoolie sized fish for the table. We were off of the water by 10:00 AM. You can read the full story in the next Fish Sniffer Magazine.

Casey

No comments: