Friday, April 8, 2011

4-8-11

This morning I headed to the Feather again. I brought along good friend Carl Zenor and was supposed to meet 2 clients at the boat ramp at 6:00 AM, but they never showed. I waited for them until 6:45AM but they never showed, so off we went. I headed up to Shanghi Bend but after a couple of passes it was evident that the fish had moved and with the water dropping I figured they had slid downstream so we went in search mode. I trolled both of the places that I had caught fish at yesterday with no success so we just kept working our way down stream. We finally got into a small wad of fish about a mile above the Bear River and managed to catch 12 legal fish. We then moved down to the mouth of the Bear River along the mud line and that is where things got interesting. Within seconds we had a double hook up and proceeded to troll up and down along the mud line catching 5-10 fish per pass. It did not matter what direction that we trolled or what color lure that we used, the fish were stacked in there thick and they wanted to eat!! We caught at least 40 fish with most of them being in the 3-6 pound class. There does not seem to be many big fish around but for what the fish are lacking in quality they are making up in quantity. It was constant action once we found the fish and we had a blast. I only wish the clients could have experienced the fishing as it was RED HOT!!

I still have plenty of openings for this spring and we will be offering afternoon trips as well for those of you who do not like the 5:00 AM wake up calls. Give me a call at (530)682-3176 and get your trip on the book today.

Casey  

No comments: