Wednesday, April 6, 2011

4-6-11 (PM)

Since I got home from the hills early today I figured I might as well go and do some scouting for Stripers since I had clients the next day. I grabbed Regina and my 2 kids Cade and Quinn and we headed for Boyd's Pump on the Feather River. We headed up stream towards Shanghi Bend and began trolling with Bomber and Yozuri deep divers. Cade was the first one to hook up, and landed a 20" male that quickly went into the fish box. The closer we got to the rapids the better the fishing was and before long each of us had caught a handful of fish. We were trolling up stream and catching 4-5 fish per pass and would then turn around and troll back down stream and pick up another 4-5 fish per pass. We ended the afternoon landing around 40 fish of which most of them were nice keeper sized males. We ended the trip with Cade saying " Dad I cant reel any more in my arms hurt!". We had a blast and it was great to get to spend some time on the water with my lovely wife and kids. We fished from 4PM-7PM and had non-stop action the whole time.

We have plenty of openings left for this spring, so don't miss out- book your trip today!!!   

Casey

No comments: